INSIDE THE AUTISTIC MIND: Introducing A.T.D.R.A. —a multi-pronged, empathy-centred approach to forging an authentic relationship with an autistic individual
A Collaboration between A Mother's Wish and For You A.T.D.R.A.
A Worldwide Mission to Save Autistic Lives
Outline of Talk:
- Why is a person autistic? Comparison of developmental processes of a neurotypical and an autistic individual
- Why and how are we hurting autistic individuals “for their own good”? Harmfulness of prevalent approaches, perspectives, and attitudes centred on behaviour and performance, which ignore psychological well-being and autistic functioning.
- What is A.T.D.R.A. and how can it help us to form an authentic relationship with an autistic individual? 1) Originated from observations of autistic individuals’ creative interaction with water; 2) Interaction strategies and approaches (land and water) based on a precise understanding of autistic functioning.
Format of Talk: Dr. Antonio Rinaldi (based in Italy) will be presenting the 3-hour workshop via Skype. He will be assisted by Ms. Choo Kah Ying, founder of A Mother’s Wish (www.amotherswish.com.sg) and the organiser/sponsor of this event.
Commitment Fee: This talk is largely sponsored by A Mother's Wish. The charge of $11.60 per pax is meant to discourage attrition and cover Peatix fees. All proceeds will go towards A Mother’s Wish to cover speaker fees and preparation costs.
Targeted Audience: Parents of Autistic Individuals, Educators (Mainstream and Special Needs School Teachers, Allied Educators, Therapists, Policymakers) concerned with Special Needs Education and Policies, General Public
Profile of Speaker:
Dr. Antonio Rinaldi is a clinical psychologist and creator of A.T.D.R.A. [trans., DYNAMIC RELATIONAL THERAPY APPROACH (created in WATER)], an evolutive approach for treating autism and other developmental disorders. Unlike conventional approaches that view autism through external behaviours, A.T.D.R.A. delves into the inner psyche of the autistic being with an empathy-centred approach. In addition, he has pioneered the swimming pool and surfing therapy approaches, which harness the dynamic qualities of water and waves for emotional regulation and interactions.
Through his organisation, For You A.T.D.R.A., Dr. Rinaldi has been spreading his therapy approach in collaboration with autism organisations throughout Italy and abroad. He has conducted talks, workshops, supervisions, and consultations for the past eight years. It is Dr. Rinaldi’s life mission to transform the world into a community that can properly support and empower autistic individuals to lead meaningful lives of quality.
- Venue was changed to "Wings to Wings". Orig#408506 2019-02-10 15:48:52
7:00 PM - 10:15 PM SGT
- Wings to Wings
General Admission SOLD OUT $11.60
- Venue Address
- Wings to Wings 6 Shenton Way, #03-06/07 OUE Downtown Gallery (1, not 2, Singapore 068809 https://goo.gl/maps/xVkfZZ59dJF2 Singapore